Customer Service & Sales Specialist / Generalist
Being a slice of our small team & the development of a new role.
Essential Functions: reports into the Director of Operations with a close working relationship to Sales Management.
- Manage phone & e-mail inquiries for customers, retailers & sales reps, while responding promptly.
- Provide excellent customer service, demonstrating exceptional phone etiquette by being positive, resourceful, reactive & customer centric while upholding The James Brand values and policies.
- Assist consumers with service/warranty, sales, and/or return order support needs.
- Use strong problem-solving skills to find creative solutions to customer issues, with a sense of urgency.
- Ability to develop a high understanding of product knowledge.
- Able to report on overall consumer inquiries/feedback regarding products, warranty, returns, etc. to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Fraud prevention; reviewing & accepting or rejecting direct orders suspected as potential fraud to ensure validity and consumer protection.
- Track & process W/S account payment terms, consisting of running credit cards upon time of shipment, to communicating if/when NET terms are due/late.
- Responsible for entering W/S orders quickly and efficiently, upon receipt while managing any revisions to ensure orders are ready for allocation by requested ship dates.
- Monitoring the accuracy of all entered ERP (SOS Inventory) transaction information from proper dating, pricing, sales order and RA entry, etc.
- Manage returns across all necessary platforms (Shopify Plus & SOS Inventory).
- Shipping both Direct & W/S orders, as needed while following any specific customer and/or account guidelines – including label creation & ability to accurately pick, pack & ship.
- Strong knowledge of MS applications (Excel, Word) & experience with-in ERP/Shipping/E-Comm platforms.
- 1-3+ years, experience in customer service/sales support role.
- Excellent communication skills, able to maintain a professional dialogue.
- Team player & and the ability to maintain integrity always.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize and organize tasks.
This is an on-site position at our (almost beachfront) Carlsbad, California location