Graphic Design Internship
Design Things, Make Stuff and Have Fun
The James Brand is looking for a passionate and creative summer graphic design intern to join our team. Under the direction of the Art Director/Lead Designer you will create individually and as a team a variety of graphic design and visual communication deliverables. Projects will include but are not limited to print graphics, catalog, product photography, digital, social media, packaging, apparel, and other marketing and sales collateral projects. You will gain insights and make connections while exploring what it takes to build and maintain the highest level of brand standards.
This is a PAID position for approximately 3 months. (July–September)
We are looking for an individual who is passionate about the outdoors and that will work tirelessly to help us design and develop creative that will be seen globally. You have the opportunity for plenty of mentoring and guidance from us but also a lot of freedom to create.
Essential Functions (include, but not limited to):
- Work within the design team under the direction of the Art Director/Lead Designer to maintain consistent brand visuals, product photography, and execution of all other products, marketing and sales collateral as needed on a global scale
- Adhere to brand guidelines and complete projects according to the deadline and specifications
- Participate in the development of brand marketing and sales collateral
- Execute deliverables at a high level of quality and production readiness, including reformatting and resizing of assets for various channels to exact specifications
- Collaborate with our lead designer to develop design concepts, content, and strengthen internal workflows.
- Shadow product photo shoots, gathering props and helping with setup and breakdown.
- Performs other duties as needed and directed by the design team
Skills & Abilities:
- Working knowledge of Adobe Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, illustrator, Premier, Acrobat Pro)
- Working knowledge of Windows operating system (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook)
- Working knowledge of typography
- An understanding of photography and the ability to edit images.
- Excellent design and layout skills
- Strong organizational and file management skills
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Compelling portfolio of graphic design work
- Ability to present and communicate your work
- Ability to sharpen a pencil with a knife is a plus
Education + Experience:
Must be in progress of obtaining or recently completed a Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design within the next/last 12 months (graphic design, visual communications, digital design,
Bonus points for having your own laptop with Adobe creative cloud.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with an included portfolio of your work and a good spattering of references.